It is with deep regret that I must announce the cancellation of the 2020 Greater Chicagoland Fall Invitational (GCFI). The Board of Directors has concluded this as the proper, yet extraordinarily
difficult decision, after numerous meetings, discussions and emails. We have explored many alternatives in lieu of a cancellation and share in your disappointment.
We are incredibly dependent on our volunteers, officials, board members and others to hold a successful competition. Safety is our primary concern. Although strict safety measures and guidelines
from multiple sources were to be strictly followed, we could not guarantee the safety and comfort level of all involved including our skaters. The ever-changing landscape surrounding the on-going
COVID-19 pandemic, the associated health and safety concerns and travel restrictions, have lead us to this deeply thought out conclusion. These are unprecedented times we are experiencing with so
much uncertainty. We must be mindful and respectful of everyone.
Again, we offer our sincere regret and apology for not being able to execute GCFI this year. If a rescheduled date is feasible, determined by the Board, we will let you know at a later date. U.S.
Figure Skating will issue full refunds as soon as possible.
We hope that you will join us at the Mt. Prospect Ice Arena September 10-12, 2021. Be well and be safe!
Are you eligible to receive funding for the 2020-21 competitive skating season? Click here to learn more about the scholarships, awards and grants being offered by U.S.
Figure Skating to qualified athletes.